With all your hotels and flights all done and ready, your luggage is the last thing stopping you from that amazing holiday. Below are my must-haves for any trip, anywhere in the world, for any length of time. Not every single of one of them is necessary; nevertheless the majority would normally go into my own cabin luggage or handbag.
Essentials & Admin items – Try and have as much of the below in extra prints/photocopies close by and a copy in your emails as well.
- Valid Passport
- Visa for the relevant country
- Tickets/Travel documents (flights, accommodation, transport, pre-booked tourist attractions)
- Travel Insurance
- Local currency cash + some GBP in cash for backup
- Credit & Debit cards, prepaid travellers cheque will come in handy
- Guidebooks, Journals, diary, notepad and pens
Electrical Items – all valuables go into hand luggage!
- Camera with charger, pack extra charger, extra batteries
- Mobile phone, charger
- Electrical plug adapter
- Multiple Padlocks – go for a combination lock or a TSA approved lock
Personal Health & Hygiene
- Mini First Aid kit
- Filter bottle
- Personal medication including paracetamol, travel meds and anti-malarial tablets
- Personal toiletry bag (toothbrush, toothpaste, sanitary items, hand sanitizer etc)
- Small deodorant (spray, powder or roll on)
- Make up if necessary
- Skin moisturisers with SPF, skin cleanser, make-up removers, hand cream
- 7 x Underwear pieces – small so no need to cut back on these!
- 5 x basic day t-shirts/tops with at least 2 long sleeved tops
- Jumper/cardigan/light jacket for cooler evenings (can be worn to travel in)
- 2 x Bottoms/Trouser/Skirt (1 can be worn to travel in)
- 4 x Lightweight evening outfits (Abaya, dress, shirts)
- 1 x Pyjamas
- 6 x skirts and headscarves ([Black, Grey, Blue, White- basic colours]1 of each can be worn to travel)
- Closed toe shoes, 1 x heels, 1 x sandals/flip flops (
- 3 socks (ankle, full length)
Hand/laptop bags needs to be 30cm x 15cm x 40cm
Cabin bags need to be 56cm x 25cm x 45cm
A checked bag can be up to 90 x 75 x 43cm, including any bits that stick out, like the handle, pockets and wheels.
Did you find this useful or do you have a checklist that slightly varies? I want to know! Leave me a comment below.